7 Things Guaranteed To Happen At Nearly Every Wedding
There are a few things I’ve learnt to expect at least one of at nearly every wedding.
- Whatever time you put on the invite, a couple of guests will be up to an hour early, maybe even earlier.
- There’s always one that will arrive at the same time you do and pass you as you’re walking down the aisle.
- A guest won’t show up, even though you spoke to them just days before. The best part is you probably won’t even notice until later.
- The day will go much quicker than you could have ever imagined.
- Once you get through the ceremony, the rest of the day is so much easier to handle.
- No matter how much effort you put into the finding perfect wedding shoes, all the attention will be on the dress.
- No matter how you describe it on the invite, there’s always one guest that thinks sneakers and a t-shirt is “formal attire”.
Here’s my personal advice on how to deal with any of these:
- Things happen. The hardest thing to do is to just “go with it”, but it makes for a more relaxed day. None of the above is world ending or life-changing. : )
- Relax, enjoy as many moments as you can, and try to let go.
- Do all the planning and then trust the planning as much as your nature allows.
- Engage the right friends, family, or professionals to look after the plan, and then trust them.
Remember, these are just hiccups in your plans or vision of how the day will be. The important thing is that you both turn up and say I do.
As long as you’re married and celebrating the importance of it, that’s the most essential thing ticked off.
Everything else is just part of the celebration. Enjoy it!
I hope this helps like I know it has for so many others
Auckland Wedding DJ